Having been liberated from Military rule, Myanmar is fast-changing after opening its door to the world. However, Myanmar drone laws are still pretty strict and are constantly changing.
As of June 2016, Myanmar Drone laws are very strict. If you plan to bring your drone in Myanmar, customs will confiscate your drone if you did not secure a permit beforehand. There has been a lot of reports about this and it looks like Myanmar Drone Laws may not change soon.
Drone use is technically allowed in Myanmar, assuming you have secured a permit from the Civil Aviation Authority of Myanmar. Also, each region in Myanmar has different set of laws, so coordinating with the Civil Aviation office and the Tourism office is recommended. Myanmar drone laws must be followed when flying in the country.
General Myanmar Drone Laws
- You must first contact the aviation authority and get a permit before flying a drone in Myanmar. Contact information for the aviation authority is provided at the bottom of this page
- You cannot fly your drone near airports or in areas were aircraft are operating
- You cannot fly your drone near military installations or restricted areas, doing so can result in fines and/or jail time.
- You must fly during daylight hours and only fly in good weather conditions
- Do not fly your drone over people or large crowds
- Respect privacy when flying your drone
Commercial Myanmar Drone Laws
Like when flying recreational, you will need to obtain a permit and follow the Myanmar drone laws listed above when flying drones in Myanmar for commercial use. You can inquire and obtain a drone permit by contacting the Myanmar Civil Aviation Authority using the contact information provided at the bottom of this page.
Flying Drones In Myanmar
Myanmar is a really beautiful country so it will be really nice to fly drones to capture an aerial view of the country. If you really want to bring in your drone and fly it in Myanmar, you can coordinate with the Civil Aviation office of Myanmar before flying into the country if you are really interested. Myanmar is fast-changing so Myanmar Drone laws could change fast too.
Myanmar drone laws are up to date as of June , 2016